How to open a box
- Before you fly within Tromso CTR, make sure your box is open.
The control tower can be reached via 67 03 47 66.
- Before calling the tower and opening a box, make sure nobody else has opened it already
otherwise it makes the club look uncoordinated. Please check the Signal group "THPK flyboks".
- Once you open a box, post it on the Signal group "THPK flyboks" so that others know.
Post which box, which altitude limit, until what time, and your contact.
- Have your radio on set to 154.175 so that you can inform others about changes.
- If you plan to close the box earlier, make sure nobody is in the air or about
to launch and send other pilots 10-15 minutes warning.
You: This is (your name) and I would like to fly paraglider in the box (name of the box) until 16:00 local time. Is this possible?
Tower: Yes this is possible, you can have the (name of the box) until 16:00 local time with altitude 2000 ft and below.
You: Confirming 2000 ft and below until 16:00. My contact number is (your telephone number).
Tower: Please call if you finish earlier.
You: Thank you! I will call if we finish earlier.